Flat Bars are rectangular solid steel bars that are used in many different applications, most commonly in construction and fabrication industries. Steelforce supply steel flat bars in a variety of sizes from 20 x 3mm to 300 x 25mm.
Due to its versatility, flat bars are used from building frames in construction, to being applied in turbines or generators within the energy sector, from DIY home projects to reinforcing work.
Steelforce has a large range of flat bars which are manufactured in Australia from 300PLUS steel and exceed the minimum requirements of AS/NZS 3679.1 – 300.
Features And Benefits Of Flat Bar
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Exceeds the minimum requirements of AS/NZS 3679.1
- Heavy duty and up to 20% stronger for improved strength-to-weight ratios
- Can be cut, drilled and formed
- No pre-heating required for welding
Typical Uses Of Flat Bar
- Transport – trailers and truck bodies
- Garden landscaping
- DIY and home projects
- AS/NZS 3679.1: Hot-rolled bars and sections
- AS 1442: Carbon steels and carbon-manganese steels – Hot rolled bars and semi-finished products
- AS 1444: Wrought alloy steels – standard, hardenability (H) series and hardened and tempered to designated mechanical properties
- AS 1447: Hot-rolled spring steels
|wdt_ID||Size d||size t||Std Length||Mass||Lengths / tonne||Metres / Tonne|
Not all branches stock the above grades, sections and lengths. Non-stock & Custom length items are subject to Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ’s). Contact your local Steelforce branch to confirm product availability.
To find out more about the processing services offered by Steelforce please contact your nearest branch.
Steelforce prides itself on a prompt and reliable delivery service in both metro and regional areas. Ask about our delivery services when placing your order with our friendly customer representatives.